I won’t lie, I actually really like this comic. Yeah, Mursaki and Rets Kurenai didn’t turn out just as planned in those second and third panels, but aside from that I like how this one came out. This comic, like the last one, was slightly censored for the front page, and the untainted version can be found here. If it gets the point where a majority of the comics for some reason have NSFW content, I’ll just smack an 18+ warning on this site and be done with it, but for right now things are mostly safe.

Going to be dusting off my old headset tomorrow and recording another exciting episode of the Mistakes of Youth Podcast, so look out for that over the next week or so. Also, I’m looking for some other people to record further shows with. This is mainly a message for the people I know personally, but if anyone else is interested, give me a buzz. If you’re someone I don’t know personally, and would like to record, I’d like for you to have a blog (or proof that you have worthwhile shit to say) and I have to be able to stand you as a human being. I’m a total asshole, and people easily bother me, so you know. I think I wanna do a show on Strike Witches and perhaps Nogizaka Haruka. I have people in mind for the latter though, it’s just a matter of if they’re up for it or not. I kind of have someone in mind for a Strike Witches show, but I’m not sure if he even has the right facilities (mic and shit) for such a thing. We’ll see.

Gankutsuoh’s style seems to be losing its cohesion eight episodes in. It worked perfectly for the opening episodes, but it seems less planned now. Aside from that, the show is still pretty good. The Count carries each episode, since all the other characters are idiots. I also think the Count has what I’ve dubbed as an “AD Field”, or Absolute Drama Field. Whenever he’s around anyone, people just start dueling each other, get poisoned, or other random shit like that. You can’t just have a quiet afternoon chillin’ with this guy. He’s fucking hardcore.

Strike Witches ended better than I expected. I won’t say much, since I’m playing around with the idea of writing a full review, but second season wo kudasai! Or something like that.

So yeah, that’s it for tonight. I’m not tired since for some reason I drank Mountain Fucking Dew at M IT, but I’m out of stuff to rant about, so that’ll be it for this week.

This entry was posted in Anime, Comic Update, Site Stuff and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Comic Site Rant: Shoe Circus? Quality shoes at discount prices, why pay more? Bill Gates!?

1. Eksopl says:

MURASAKI IS CUTE, NOT PEDO.

HOW COULD YOU?!

2. roast-beefy says:

Best comic ever (by you). I prefer the censored version, and place my vote for keeping your comic SFW.

I’d be interested in podcasts, but I’m usually rather boring and always offensive. My stuff in the Ota one though wasn’t too bad. Thank god for editing.

3. Zelkiiro says:

Brad’s face is awesome.

4. Anonymous says:

Oh, whut…I actually think the censored version is hotter than the uncensored, because ribs are such a huge disgusting turn off. (I hate Nekogen)

5. moonspeaker says:

Uhhh….yeah….this takes it a bit farther off the deep end…

oh well.

And yeah, the Vista commercials make no sense, but they’re absolutely hilarious.

6. Ryoko says:

I liked everything about this comic (especially Rets’ expression in the last panel, lawl), except for her ribs in panel five. Give that girl a sandwich!

7. Tripfriend says:

I like how Shinkuro looks more like Rets with every frame. Facial expressions are great at the end.

8. Admiral Muffin says:

The look on Brad’s face is fucking awesome. This week’s strip made me a happy muffin.

9. What, no one likes hungry lolis? Oh well, that just means more for me…

I was actually planning on taking the ribs out, I wanted to make the scene as horrifying as possible. Also I just like ribs.

10. kyouray says:

Ribs are not cute, poor Murasaki D:
    But hilarious comic.

11. BrendantheJedi says:

Seriously Wildarms, best strip yet. As usual the reaction shots from Rets and everyone make the comic. Good job.

And yes. The Count of Monte Cristo is the original “JUST AS PLANNED.”

12. Defectron says:

This strip was pretty funny, but I’m not sure whats going on. Did Rets somehow show them his fantasy or something?

13. It’s kind of unclear, but I made all the panels but the last into a giant speech bubble, so you’re to assume he’s telling them this all in extreme detail. It’s vague, but you know.

14. Najica says:

Poor Murasaki >_<
    also,i vote to keep it SFW ^^; Keep the good work up

Those microsoft commercials are fucking awesome. As for the comic, hiarious even if totally wrong, i’m scared to look at the uncensored version.

16. crownhalfmoonjesus says:

You completely succeeded in making this horrifying, I was fuckin’ terrified by this. I’m forcing it out of my mind as I type this. Thanks for the nightmares!

17. GuardMonkey10 says:

GENIUS! Best yet! BEST YET. Oh my… It is more GLORIOUS than I imagined. However, she semi-realistic loli complete with ‘kiddie-pudge’ The ribs have gotta go in the NSFW version. We didn’t see ribs in the bath scene… Or boobs of any sort… Trying to play up your nobility in ‘feeding the starving loli’?

Oh wildarms…. I’m so sad that Strike Lolis is over. I really love that show. And I’m rewatching them. They should end up on Mistakes of Youth at some point. That would be lovely =3

18. Jams says:

>I wanted to make the scene as horrifying as possible

You succeed. This one has some of the best facial expressions you’ve done so far, too.

19. MoYFan says:

Every Night. wildarms’s artistic talent kills us all *_*.

20. Bakasai says:

I lol’d. At least now Tina can have no doubts that he truly is Rets… Hey, what the hell anime store are they at that sells the Cowboy Bebop box set?! Do you know the kind of trouble I’d need to go through to get something like that without either going to a con or paying shipping and handling?

21. TheBigN says:

You are an evil hilarious man. This was an awesome comic, especially the reactions at the end.

And I wouldn’t mind talking with you about Strike Witches, if only I could use Skype. :/

22. All you need is a mic. But I think I already have beefy on board.

23. TheBigN says:

Well, you need someone as a mediator, or a counter-balance. Or crap.

And I have a mic. :P

24. Chun says:

Way to sell a series for someone to watch.

So Murasaki’s from Gankusou huh. Seems cute enough.

~Chun