Time to judge books by their covers and decide on what shows to watch based on nothing more than promotional artwork and cryptic story summaries! Let’s go!
- Ah! Megami-sama! Tatakau Tsubasa: I’ve been loving the Megami-sama! anime up till now, so there’s really no reason not to watch this.
- GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO-: The first one is really good stuff, and I was always hoping for a sequel. I hope the new production staff handles it as well as the previous one. I need to get around to re-watching the first series and reading the manga.
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 2: Given the first series is sheer brilliance, watching the sequel is a given. I hope a.f.k. hurries up and releases the rest of the first show…
Stuff that looks neat
- Rosario to Vampire: The story is typical retarded Shounen Jump stuff, but the girls are cute, which is reason enough to give it a whirl. The main problem here is that it’s by STUDIO GONZO.
- Noramimi: Saw some scans of the comic floating around, and it looks absolutely hilarious. Too bad no one will sub it.
- Minami-ke ~Okawari~: Asread did an awesome job on one of my favourites from 2005, so it’ll be interesting to see their take on the Minami sisters. Designs look slightly generic, but I’m mostly interested in the quality of their animation.
- Hakaba Kitarou: I’ve seen this described as a pretentious Gegege no Kitarou remake airing on Noitamina (Noitamina, what?) No one will sub it, but I’m interested because the four pages of Gegege no Kitarou I read were gold.
- Ookami to Koushinryou: Only interested because Cunningham speaks so highly of it, and he is a man of taste.
Mildly interesting titles
- Yatterman: Eh, may as well.
- All the other eroge adaptations. Those are fun every now and again.
Not touching with a 10-foot-pole
- Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de 3 -Kurenai no Tsuki: FUCK THIS SHIT. Some people will probably like it, though.
Something of a quiet season. Typical of winter. Kind of sad that all I care about are sequels.