I’ve learned various fun and interesting things from my viewing of the first four episodes of Blue Comet SPT Layzner.
- The Japanese made it to the moon first: What? You never read that in your history books? Well, that’s because it was covered up by the government. Such a failure would clearly result in civil unrest, thusly all records of the event were destroyed. Sounds more plausible now, right? Hey, if Layzner says it, it must be true!
- When you see a giant machine that is clearly not of this Earth, it’s natural to think it’s made in Japan: Because, you know, the Japanese are always on the cutting edge of technology.
- It’s called a “Lasered Gun”: Nope, not a laser gun. Lasered gun.*
- The Soviet Union and the US bring their tensions into space: Because in the far off year of 1996 the US and the Soviets brought the Cold War to Mars. Yep.
- If he doesn’t save the Earthlings, they’ll die: Because people die if they are killed.
That’s what I’d like to know, pal.
*I understand that if a normal gun is laser sighted, it can be refered to as a “lasered gun.” However, in Layzner, the guns shoot lasers, so I think my Engrish joke still stands