Comic Update: Looking Death in the Face

I’m sure OreImo has already passed out the collective anime fan consciousness, but I wrote this while the show was airing, and wanted to use it at some point, so here we are. I guess if you remain a fan for a long-ish period of time, you begin to realize that you aren’t getting any younger, and OreImo cuts deep with its 14-year-old heroines speaking like hardened vets. You just… don’t want to see them like that!

I would have made Tina look older beyond adding small bags under her eyes, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it!

This entry was posted in Comic Update, Site Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Comic Update: Looking Death in the Face

1. I just got back home from a Yu-Gi-Oh event. Thanks for making me regret the last 6 or so years of my life.

2. mt-i says:

>It’s pretty awkward watching Kirino and Kuroneko go at it.

For some reason, I thought Rets was talking about some doujinshi.

3. LORd says:

My thoughts exactly, mt-i.

And yeah, this comic cuts deep into the very core of my soul.

4. BlueGenome says:

>For some reason, I thought Rets was talking about some doujinshi.

I had exactly the same thought.

5. yomikoma says:

Whoever you are, there’s someone who’s been in fandom longer than you have. It’s never too late to not be them – except that for most of us it was too late the first time we saw [insert foundational childhood anime here].

6. Travis says:

It’s true. I feel the same way when I see a show like orelmo or even more so when I go to a convention and see kids half my age. I don’t know if I should be depressed that I’m into what is considered a kids hobby or happy that the next generation is going to carry the torch.

7. Halconnen says:

I actually wouldn’t worry about Kirino at all. She has a job, makes money, gets good grades and has a job. She can be otaku all she wants.

Kuroneko, alas, is roleplaying by herself in front of her mirror. Makes me feel with Rets in her case, at least.

8. WAIT. I JUST THOUGHT OF A BETTER COMMENT.

Mistakes of Youth, indeed.

Eh. It’s too late anyway…