Comic Update: Looking Death in the Face

I’m sure OreImo has already passed out the collective anime fan consciousness, but I wrote this while the show was airing, and wanted to use it at some point, so here we are. I guess if you remain a fan for a long-ish period of time, you begin to realize that you aren’t getting any younger, and OreImo cuts deep with its 14-year-old heroines speaking like hardened vets. You just… don’t want to see them like that!

I would have made Tina look older beyond adding small bags under her eyes, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it!

This entry was posted in Comic Update, Site Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Comic Update: Looking Death in the Face

1. I just got back home from a Yu-Gi-Oh event. Thanks for making me regret the last 6 or so years of my life.

2. mt-i says:

>It’s pretty awkward watching Kirino and Kuroneko go at it.

For some reason, I thought Rets was talking about some doujinshi.

3. LORd says:

My thoughts exactly, mt-i.

And yeah, this comic cuts deep into the very core of my soul.

4. BlueGenome says:

>For some reason, I thought Rets was talking about some doujinshi.

I had exactly the same thought.

5. yomikoma says:

Whoever you are, there’s someone who’s been in fandom longer than you have. It’s never too late to not be them – except that for most of us it was too late the first time we saw [insert foundational childhood anime here].

6. Travis says:

It’s true. I feel the same way when I see a show like orelmo or even more so when I go to a convention and see kids half my age. I don’t know if I should be depressed that I’m into what is considered a kids hobby or happy that the next generation is going to carry the torch.

7. Halconnen says:

I actually wouldn’t worry about Kirino at all. She has a job, makes money, gets good grades and has a job. She can be otaku all she wants.

Kuroneko, alas, is roleplaying by herself in front of her mirror. Makes me feel with Rets in her case, at least.

Mistakes of Youth, indeed.

Eh. It’s too late anyway…