Thanks to a tip from a Shinbo/SHAFT fanboy more dangerous than myself, I have found Shinbo Akiyuki’s Twitter account. What kind of deep and insightful comments lie within the man’s 22 tweet long history? Find out here, in a Mistakes of Youth: The Blog exclusive report!
Translator’s notes are in bold and in brackets, @replies are followed by the preceding posts.
March 21st, 2010
- 10:09 PM- I ate yakiniku.
- 10:11 PM- I’m getting tired.
- 10:36 PM- @hekky3 Let’s go out drinking next time. (Shinbo)
- 10:39 PM- @minakichijapon I’ll try to mutter some things.
- 10:44 PM- Miyamoto-sama has come. [EDIT: Actually he’s talking about this guy.]
- 11:13 PM- Miyamoto-sama is doing nothing but eating.
- 11:14 PM- Miyamoto-sama is having some miso soup.
- 11:25 PM- Are you still going to eat, Miyamoto-sama?
- 11:28 PM- @hekky3 I’m having fun.
- 11:39 PM- Miyamoto-sama will not stop eating.
March 22nd, 2010
- 12:01 AM- @wome06 Did you get mad? [The post he’s replying to is not linked.]
- 12:04 AM- @hikakom Miyamoto-sama is eating right now. He’s not stopping. [The post he’s replying to is not linked.]
- 01:07 AM- @minakichijapon Good work today! I’m probably alright. My stomach hurts
- 01:19 AM- @hikakom Miyamoto-sama seems to have caught a cold, but his appetite is that of a restless horse. [The post he’s replying to is not linked.]
- 01:22 AM- @minakichijapon We should’ve done Udon.
April 10th, 2010
- 07:23 PM- Junnosuke is here nau. [Probably in reference to this guy. Also, “nau” is a trendy way to say “now”. I’ve translated it up until now, but it’s best to leave it as it is from now on… you’ll see.]
- 07:32 PM- Junnosuke nau 2
- 08:01 PM- Junnosuke is speaking with a very clear voice. Nau.
- 09:16 PM- Tired of Junnosuke nau. So, I’m going to watch Pani Poni nau.
- 09:20 PM- @minakichijapon I’m interested again nau.
- 10:06 PM- @wome06 Are you mad? Nau. [The post he’s replying to is not linked.]
- 10:07 PM- @dekisugikunn How are you? Nau. [This guy hasn’t said anything yet.]
He hasn’t tweeted since these first 22, but he just may. Am I nuts enough to re-tweet each one then translate it?! Maybe…