Comic Site Rant: You Are The Prince of Tennis!

This comic originally ended differently, but for some reason that old version just didn’t seem right. After a lot of thinking, I just opted to have Rets not speak at all, and just stare. I think it’s funnier. However, the funniest part about this comic is how Tina thinks Strike Witches is “great.” Yeah, Tina’s character is basically 100% wish fulfillment for all us lonely geeks out there (though honestly, I think Nagi, Haruka and Ohno are a lot better, but I try) but making her like a show like Strike Witches– a show that can only appeal to men– is kind of lol. At least I balance it out with making her complain about the lack of pants, which has generally been a real point of conflict with this show. I really like how the art came out this one, and have no complaints.

As of a couple of weeks ago, I’m officially going to Otakon. Now that my payment and stuff is all sorted out, I figure it’s a good time to try my hand at hosting a MoY meet up. I’ve offered this in the past, but no one has really shown any interest. I’m guessing that’s because no one actually wants me to meet creepy ol’ me, or that simply not enough people read the comic. I think I have a pretty good readership now, so I’m trying again. If anyone’s interested in meeting up, leave a comment and if there’s enough interested, we can arrange something.

I’ve really fallen behind on recent anime, and currently have something like ten episodes sitting on my desktop. I’ll try to get through as much as I can this weekend, but it’ll be tough between all the other things I wanna get done (such as a number of erotic pieces for my neglected art site) so with that I’ll be cutting this week’s rant short, too.

This entry was posted in Comic Update, Convention, Site Stuff and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Comic Site Rant: You Are The Prince of Tennis!

1. Magusman says:

I thought it was well executed. And Tina is moe as usual~

2. Nerf Herder says:

Love the lighting. Awesome comic as usual.

3. Rozone says:

I think the new ending was alot better then the old, makes it funnier. I’d be intrested in a meetup baring any events going on

4. Valsu says:

Great comic. I agree that the new ending is much better than the old one.

I’d also be interested in meeting up at Otakon. Creepy people meeting other creepy people? Sounds like a recipe for win to me. LOL.

5. Andrew F. says:

Whoa, a gathering where I have a pretty good chance of not being the most socially inept person present? I’m up for it, barring any scheduling conflicts.

6. Cage says:

Meeting up would be great, assuming I’m not doing anything vitally important. Even if its just a few of us, it could be interesting.

7. Dan says:

Oh man… SPOT ON about Strike Witches and the no pants. The theory we came up with is that you don’t get them until you finish school. “Here’s your diploma… AND YOUR PANTS!”

Although we found the random catification to be sillier.

8. Ryan says:

Great comic! A meeting at Otakon would be pretty cool too.

9. Jaguar says:

Yoh, I’ve already confirmed everything for otakon :D
    If you need crash space I even got an extra bed (my friend in the military paid for everything so we could hang since he was getting back from Germany, then they decided to put him out for another month so he can’t go, but told me to go anyway)
    Toss me an email, I’m all up for a meet/get drunk and rave

10. arran says:

You’re right. Rather then just been quips of people it’s also their emotions and reactions!

11. MoYFan says:

Awesome comic this week. And it is also cool how you are going to Otakon, I don’t know if I will be able too go but I hope I won’t have any work too do and even I do I will probably end up just putting it aside to go anyway.

A MOY meetup has not been successful?!! It would be awesome to meet you wildarms and I am sure there are plenty of people interested in meeting you.

Meeting wildarms would be like meeting God only in human form ^_^.

12. anonymous says:

Awesome comic.
    you should tottaly do some strike witches fanart

13. Anonymous says:

It’s not entirely wish fulfillment…my brother’s girlfriend watched ep2 of Strike Witches while I was, and she seemed to like it.

14. riceball says:

“a show that can only appeal to men” That wounds me deeply.

The second version is definitely a lot funnier.

If I was attending Otakon I’d go to a meet up, but I’m sadly not in the area. Good luck with that though~

15. I said in my mind that I’d properly think about organizing a meet if anywhere between 5-10 people were interested, so I guess I’ll think of something by the next update.

>>riceball

I’m sorry. Sometimes I forget true-blue otaku girls exist :v

16. digiboy says:

I actually like the original one more – don’t get me wrong, te silence is funnier, however, you’ve used it a LOT. The other was at least a little more original.

17. Drew says:

I right now have a 50/50 shot of going to Otakon. If I go then hell yeah.

18. Laz Long says:

I live about a mile from Otakon so I’ll be there.

19. Jusuchin says:

that’s apparently the only thing I have against the show. Other than that, I tend fanboy over the weapons.

20. mt-i says:

No plan to fly to America, but I hope there will be a MoY booth at Comiket in the years to come. I’d definitely make the trip.

21. TheBigN says:

If you used the original, but kept Tina’s face in the last panel the same as in the third panel, that would have been fucking gold for me. But still a fun comic.

22. >>mt-i

Well, Shingo’s done it, so I plan to follow in the proud tradition of silly foreigners selling at Comiket. First, to become a teacher in Japan…

23. GuardMonkey10 says:

Strike Witches provides my daily recommended dosage of vitamin L and pantsuflavin.

24. Loka says:

i’d be willing to meet up down at otakon.

25. Shinikenshi says:

Going to Otakon? Sweet. Buy some dakimakura covers from me kthx. :<

26. Only if you got THE STUFF I want, man!

27. Chardo says:

I really cant stop watching strike witches, the no pants idea its the best idea I have heard from japan in many seasons, takes fanservice to a whole new level, its like all the fanservice magically convinces me into thinking its a good show, even liking the action scenes and drama of the series.

oh god what is wrong with me

28. Defectron says:

What exactly is Strike Witches?

29. Moonspeaker says:

To be honest I would be honored to meet you in person, but as it stands I have no money to go to Otakon….damn college textbooks and summer classes….

Strike Witches has a bit too much blatant fetish appealing for my taste, that’s all I’m going to say on that.